• Develop 3D CAD models & 2D manufacturing drawing for production and design.
• Review customer engineering drawing requirements and associated specifications.
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports, and support the production floor when necessary.
• Work with an emphasis on efficiency and quality while creating an environment of accountability throughout the team.
• Serve as a project manager for multiple projects as required.
• Research, design, and evaluate new engineering and manufacturing technologies to cater increasing demands.
• Use mechanical aptitude to identify form, fit and function of assemblies and components.
• Coordinate with vendors/suppliers and customers as necessary.
• Collaborate with internal business units to produce quality products efficiently and in accordance with customer requirements and production schedules.
• Work with cross-functional teams to support both internal and external projects.
• Lead reverse engineering projects.
• Mentor and assist in skills development of other engineers within the department.
• Occasional travel to other company facilities, customer facilities and vendors for up to 10% travel
• Follow and promote safety protocols and procedures.
Required Skills / Abilities:
• 10+ years of relevant experience
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• Proficient with SolidWorks.
• Proficient with the MS Office suite
• Strong understanding of Engineering principles and Mechanical aptitude
• Strong written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to multitask with exceptional time management skills
• Manufacturing or power generation experience
Preferred Skills / Abilities:
• MS in Mechanical Engineering
• Experience with SolidWorks PDM
• Capability with scanning equipment (FARO or GOM) and Geomagic Design X
• Epicor ERP experience