Project Controller Job Description
Position located in Cape Coral Florida but willing to do a remote position for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Director of Project Support Services.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following in support of PSG’s power generating equipment services project planning and execution:
- Act as primary point of contact for assigned projects with internal and external customers to ensure customer satisfaction, a satisfactory result of PSG financials, repeat business and project success.
- Act as secondary point of contact for larger projects assigned to PSG Site Manager.
- Work with PSG corporate management and site teams to create project execution enhancements (schedule reduction, margin gain, cost reduction, extra work, etc.)
- Manage subcontractor commercial issues.
- Ensure proper project closeouts are completed and the required project information is collected and distrusted accordingly. This includes any required Final Reports to the Customer, subcontractor closeouts, final cost reporting, lessons learned, etc.
- Assist and be proactive with Site Lead requests and logistics as needed during the duration of the assigned project.
- Effectively identify opportunities for project cost reduction during project planning and execution and bring to management attention.
- Assist in the management of developing and executing the overall project plan. (Readiness Reviews, Manpower confirmation, etc.)
- Project Cost Controls (Daily / Weekly job cost and revenue tracking, be proactive and knowable about project financials and be able to answer questions as needed, send out cost updates as needed or required, work with Finance on project invoicing, create and issue project change orders with site lead/ management input and approval.
- Be able to manage costs across multiple divisions, working with internal customers.
- Bring cost /finance related discrepancies to the Director of Project Support Services.
- Review and approve customer & subcontractor invoices.
- Manage and be knowledgeable about consumable orders for site.
- Issue and manage purchase orders. (Include any flow-downs, project specific notes, safety/ training requirements, etc.)
- Track and follow up on subcontractor deliverables. (onsite/ delivery dates, certificates of insurance, safety/training documentation, timesheets, work in progress costs, invoices, final inspection reports)
- Ensure all Customer and PSG processes are followed.
- As needed, support Customer pre-award and/ or post award requirements. (Site meetings, schedule revisions, and work package development)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Has the ability to understand and efficiently communicate commercial and contractual issues to customers and contractors.
- Has experience dealing with customers and difficult situations.
- Has experience with project cost collection and analysis.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Heavy Excel) and Adobe.
- Outstanding people skills with the ability to detect and resolve adversity and conflict situations.
- Strong customer focus. (Internal and External)
- Experience in field management.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Time management.
- Has initiative to work on your own but can also function within a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of project planning.
- Displays strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Willing to proactively learn new systems and develop new skills.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.