Job description summary is as follows:
• Flexible to work as scheduled by the employer and without absenteeism.
• Follow all safe work practices.
• Access areas to be machined by climbing ladder or stairs if needed.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Set up and operate manual machining equipment.
Lathes, both horizontal and vertical
o Bridgeport style mills and larger milling machines
• Measure and monitor work for accuracy.
• Clean up work area daily.
• Be willing to work overtime during peak season (Fall/Spring), weekends and holidays as needed. Paid travel and paid overtime (double time on Sundays).
Understand and apply machining techniques; work quickly and skillfully with hands; self-motivated; accept responsibility for the work performed; work well in a team environment; operate machining equipment with skill.
• A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ machining experience on manual machines.
• Able to work from blueprints/sketches and verbal direction as well as troubleshoot work process and adjust as needed.
• Experience in field machining is a plus but not required.
• Experience in the use of proper precision measuring equipment
• Good mechanical background