We recently finished a Collector Ring Machining project for a power generating unit on the East Coast. As outages get closer to finishing we see an influx of Collector Ring and Journal Machining requests come in. If you have any Collector Ring Machining needs please contact us today! For our latest Collector Ring Machining brochure, CLICK HERE.
We are working with many customers right now developing scopes of work, schedules, and estimates for their upcoming turbine outages. If you have any turbine inspection or repairs you would like to address this Spring please reach out to us. We would appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance!
To learn more about how we can help service your power generating equipment please visit our website: www.powerservicesgroup.com
We’ve been going strong all summer! Hard to believe August is almost here. We’ve had our crews at 32 different customer sites across the U.S. so far this summer… and counting. Typically summertime brings a slow down for maintenance as turbines and generators across the country are in full operation for peak run season. But we’ve had a solid summer, and we’re gearing up for a busy fall outage season. If there are any turbine maintenance inspection or repair projects you’re considering for this fall please give us a call – we’re ready and willing to help however we can!
Looking for a Paper & Pulp Industry Turbine Specialist?
We have 34 years of experience inspecting and repairing turbines for the Paper & Pulp Industry
We are excited to have our recent digital advertisement in the July edition of the TAPPI (Technical Association of the Paper & Pulp Industry) newsletter! If you visit the link below you can view our advertisement and the newsletter in its entirety:
A Customized Plan
Most power producers are short-staffed and do not have the time and sometimes the expertise to prepare a comprehensive outage plan and workscope. That’s why we offers the option of providing our comprehensive Pre-Outage Planning Service independent of the award of the contract for inspection and repairs.
Our field project teams have the breadth of knowledge and experience to produce the highest quality planning product, with a workscope customized to your unit and its specific signature.
One of our qualified Technical Directors will visit your plant and prepare a customized report for your specific unit. The report will contain everything needed to plan your internal preparations for the outage and to prepare a comprehensive Request for Quote for the inspections and repairs.
A Basis For Your RFQ’s
Your customized Pre-Outage Plan will include everything you need to prepare a comprehensive Request for Quote for the necessary inspections and repairs. We will compile a summary of the findings from past inspections and develop a list of recommendations for potential repair work. We will prepare a comprehensive and detailed suggested Statement of Work for the outage, based on these findings and observations from a unit walk-down. Incorporating this information into your Request for Quote packages will yield “apples to apples” cost comparisons and few if any surprises on implementation.
A Task List For Your Facility
We will review your spare parts inventory and compile a list of recommended parts to have on hand prior to the outage. We will recommend disposal of any expired or unusable spare parts.
We will also prepare a Critical Path Method schedule based on the defined workscope. You can use this schedule to plan your expected outage duration and coordinate with any other activities to be conducted during this downtime.
What We Provide
The Pre-Outage Planning Package includes:
- Outage History Review: We review your past outage reports to determine pending or implemented outage recommendations and any changes that may have been made to your unit.
- Unit Walk-down: We perform a detailed walk-down of the unit, visually inspecting the components and auxiliaries that will help to develop a detailed pre-outage scope of work.
- Customized Outage Workscope: Formulated from the on-site analysis of your unit, past outage reports, and known issues supplemented by discussion of particulars with you and your staff, we develop a workscope unique to the specifics of your unit and its current condition.
- Outage Schedule: We take your customized workscope and create a comprehensive Critical Path Method schedule. This exceptional tool outlines a reasonable outage schedule and projected duration, and it can be used as a guide to measure the performance of your outage contractor.
- Parts List: We compile a “recommended to buy” list determined by a physical review of your unit, prior outage report recommendations, and review of available inventory.
In summary, our Pre-Outage Planning deliverables to you will be:
- A scope of work tailored to your equipment and outage needs.
- A parts inventory and suggested purchase list (to support outage or emergency needs).
- A document to assist in the preparation of the scope for RFQ / bid documents.
Please CONTACT US today to learn more about how we can help you plan your next turbine outage.
Power Services Group (PSG) is a preferred turbine services provider to the chemical and petrochemical industry. Our Project Team structure – consisting of Technical Field Advisors, Foreman, Project Coordinators, and Turbine Mechanics – keeps the team members working together as regularly as possible. The familiarity of our safety and quality processes and procedures by all members of our project team make PSG an ideal supplier for turbine maintenance projects at any chemical facility. We specialize in the type and size range of most gas and steam turbines found within these facilities, and know what it takes to get the job done on-schedule and on-budget, all while following strict safety guidelines throughout the project. If you have any upcoming turbine maintenance needs during your next turnaround please contact us today to learn more about how we can be of service to you.
With over 34 years of experience performing turbine generator maintenance and repair services, PSG knows what customers expect when it comes to managing an outage.
Above and Beyond
A PSG inspection is more than open, clean and close. Our quote includes all of the work implicit to your Statement of Work to achieve a comprehensive inspection – minimizing Change Order surprises. We examine every relevant aspect of the power train. We perform meaningful measurements of components and clearances and record multiple measurements at each location. Recording this extra data allows us to better identify potential problems and enables us to establish trends across successive inspections.
We have the right resources and the right people to provide professional and total turnkey outage service. That is, PSG will procure and manage all resources needed to complete your outage, and you can rest assured that our outage scope will be taken care of professionally and efficiently.
When you choose PSG for your turbine generator services, we immediately begin strategizing for your outage with our experienced project teams, our project-specific planning, our learned and tested processes, our customized tooling, and our attitude of safety and customer service.
- Planning: PSG can help you plan for your next outage through the development of the workscope, parts requirements, tool inventory and recommendations, and bid documents.
- Communication: We understand how important communication is and tend to over-communicate through daily status reports and daily project meetings.
- Quality: PSG is so confident in our quality that we can offer a one year warranty of our work, including our PSG contracted suppliers. This means that if you suspect a deficiency in our work on your outage, we will immediately come out to investigate. If we find that the problem is our responsibility, we will immediately mobilize all resources necessary to correct the problem, at no cost to you.
If we find damage or deviation to specification, we perform a full assessment to diagnose the root causes behind the symptom and recommend actions to prevent its return. These recommendations may include operational or maintenance changes. The goal of our comprehensive measurements and proactive approach to repairs is the elimination of future forced outages.
Trust PSG and our experience in serving any of your power generation needs. Contact us today for more information.
If it is beneficial to you to have turbine component repairs performed on-site, we offer our portable equipment to be ready when components are removed from the turbine. Contact us today to reserve our portable repair equipment to be on-site for your next turbine outage.
We recently completed another uptower wind turbine shaft machining project. Our equipment and personnel will travel to wherever the problem may be. For the wind industry, it happens to be 200+ feet above the ground, but we’re happy to do this on your turbine deck or any other area in the plant as well. Please give us a call if you have any emergent shaft machining needs, we’ll respond quickly and get your equipment back up and running. For more information on our wind turbine specialty machining services please CLICK HERE.
Services at a Glance
Ready to Serve Your Needs
Power Services Group brings you a wide range of services specific to industries like yours, offering exceptional value and responsiveness. We can hit the ground running and deliver results so you can have peace of mind and your equipment is always available.
Contact Us Today
125 SW 3rd Place, Suite 300
Cape Coral, FL 33991
Phone: (800) 226-7557